Say goodbye to dry, hard, stale morning muffins and say hello to these moist, spongey, and o so addicting right out of the oven Banana Breakfast Muffins!
Makes 12-15 Muffins
◦ 3 cups of flour (not packed)
◦ 2 teaspoons baking powder
◦ 1 teaspoon baking soda
◦ 1 cup white sugar
◦ 1/2 cup brown sugar
◦ 2 1/2 teaspoons ground Cinnamon
◦ 1 1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
◦ 1 teaspoons salt
◦ 3-4 ripe bananas (depending how banana you like your muffins) [2 Cups]
◦ 1 can coconut milk unsweetened [13.5 oz]
◦ 1 cup of olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. We want the oven to be fully heated for around 5-10 minutes
2. Line muffins with paper liners or grease muffins cups.
3. Grab 2 bowls one for your dry ingredients and another for your wet ingredients.
4. In dry ingredients bowl add the 3 cups of flour, 1 cup of white sugar, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 2-1/2 teaspoons of cinnamon, 2 teaspoons of baking powder, 1 teaspoon of baking soda, 1-1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg, 1 teaspoon salt mix all together making sure to fully combine.
5. In the wet ingredients bowl, add the lightly mashed bananas (you can you a fork I used my hands ;P) Add the olive oil and coconut milk to the bowl and stir the wet ingredients.
6. Fold in the banana mixture into the flour mixture making sure not to over mix.
7. Fill the muffins 2/3 full with the batter.
8. Cook for 30-32 (using a toothpick to check when done, the toothpick should come out clean!) ENJOY!
Hope you enjoy these muffins! One may not just be enough…it’s okay #treatyoself
Also wanted to wish everyone a Happy New Year!