- 1/4 Cup raw sugar
- 15 Tablespoons sweat cream butter or Unsalted Butter
- 2 Cups Almond Flour or All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Cups Packed Golden Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Salt (*if you used unsalted butter)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Whole Egg
- 1 Egg Yolk
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F.
- Line a sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small sauce pan melt 13 Tablespoons of butter over medium – high heat. Using a whisk to melt the butter. Keep whisking slowly until the butter turns a caramel color.
- Remove from heat. add the 2 Tablespoons of remaining butter. Whisk to down the brown butter. Keep
- In a large bowl mix together the 1/4 cup sugar, 1/4 cups of the brown sugar, 2 cups of flour, 1/4 teaspoon baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda.
- In the sauce pan with the cooled down melted butter, whisk in 1 whole egg, 1 egg yolk, and the 1 Tablespoon of vanilla extract.
- Combine the butter mixture with the dry ingredients. Using a mixer or whisk to combine the ingredients to make the cookie dough.
- Using a Tablespoon as a guide to make the right size cookie. Roll dough into balls and place onto cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes. You’ll know when they are done but the edges of the cookies. They should look slightly toasted.