- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 – 1 1/2 lbs. Spanish Chorizo (large slices)
- 20 oz. Summer Squash
- 1 1/2 tsp. Smoked Paprika
- 30 oz. Chickpeas (canned)
- 2 1/2 Tbs. Sherry Vinegar
- 1 tsp. Red Pepper Flakes (optional)
- 3 cloves of garlic (rough chopped)
- 2 tsp. Salt
- 2 tsp. Pepper
- Grab a large skillet or stir fry pot, heat 3 tablespoons of EVOO (extra-virgin olive oil). Add the chorizo, cook for a 2-3 minutes just get a nice quick crisp.
- Transfer the chorizo to a bowl, leaving the fat/oil in the skillet.
- Add the squash, garlic, smoked paprika, cook until tender. (Time depends on the the size of your skillet).
- Rinse the chickpeas, add them to the skillet.
- Add the sherry vinegar to the skillet, salt, chili flakes.
- Add the chorizo back into the skillet and combine the everything. Finish cooking the chorizo fully.
- Make sure if needed add more salt to taste. * Remember the chorizo already add salt.
A spanish red would go great with this dish!