Prep: 10 mins.
Cook: 30 mins.
Ready In: 40 mins!
- 4 cups of fresh Italian Flat Leaf Parsley leaves
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 1/2 teaspoons of dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 Halibut or similar mild white fish
- Preheat oven to 375F, set a sheet tray lined with aluminium foil to the side
- While you are waiting for oven to warm up, pat dry the halibut with paper towels. (We want as much of the water absorbed)
- Place the dry halibut into a large bowl
- Place parsley, garlic, oregano, red pepper flakes, red wine vinegar, salt, pepper into a blender. Blend together making sure to get the edges as you blend. (Make sure to pause the blender to scrape the sides) We don’t want any injuries! 😉
- Once blended together, while blender is on low slowly pour in the olive oil.
- Once again scape the sides of the blender to get all the yummy goodness.
- Once fully blended pour half of the sauce into the bowl with the fish (the rest is for pouring once cooked for some extra yumminess!
- Here comes the fun part! Since the fish is so tender you don’t want to be rough with it, so I recommend using your hands to slather that fish up with the sauce making sure it’s fully covered. (This gives it more a deep flavor while in the oven)
- Gently place the fish on the sheet tray with foil.
- Place into the over for about 30 mins. Cook until fish is white and flakes with a fork when pulled apart.
You want the sauce to be on the salty side becauce it is seasoning the fish and the item you are pairing it with ie. quinoa, veggies or wild rice!
Stay tuned to learn how I made the Quinoa with Kale (in the picture above)