Ingredients for the bread
- 1 and 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon vanila extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 and 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons of lemon zest
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 and 1/2 cups of blueberries
- 1 teaspoons of salt
- 1 tablespoon of flour (hold for later, helps to coat the blueberries while cooking)
Ingredients for the lemon glaze
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 cups of powdered sugar
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- pre heat oven at 350F grease the pan if you don’t have a madeleines a loaf pan would work also. Grease the pan you chose making sure to get all the corners.
- In a medium size bowl toss in and whisk together the salt, baking powder, and flour.
- Grab another medium to large bowl, using a electric mixer, blend all the wet ingredients ie. (eggs, vanilla, lemon zest, melter butter, and lemon juice. Mix to a smooth consistency.
- Add the dry ingredients as well as the milk slowly into the wet ingredients bowl, mix until completely combined. slow and steady
- Toss your blueberries in the tablespoon of flour to get a coat on them. Toss them into the batter mixture and folding them in gently.
- Pour the batter in your selected pan and just to 1/2 to 3/4s full.
Making the glaze is quite simple, combine all the ingredients and whisk until is fully combined and smooth. Pour the glaze over as soon as the bread has cooled.
Times vary, the loaf will be 50-60 minutes and the madeleines are quick about 6-8 minutes.
*A Trick to see if it is done is to poke the bread with a toothpick and if the toothpick comes out clean then your all done !