Yield : 10-12 cupcakes
Ingredients for cupcakes:
- 12 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup of mashed bananas
- 1 egg white
- 1 egg
- 1 and 2/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1-2 teaspoons of water to get to the right consistency
Ingredients for vanilla frosting:
- 6 tablespoons of unsalted butter at room temperature
- 2 and 1/4 cups of confectioners’ sugar
- 2 and 1/2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt (a pinch)
Steps for cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease the pan with either cooking spray of unsalted butter or even just cupcake liners for an easy clean up.
- Beat butter and sugar until fluffy, about 3-4 minutes.
- Pour in the vanilla extract, then add egg white and one whole egg in batches, whisking until fully combined.
- Combine the mashed bananas, milk and water together in a separate bowl.
- Combine the dry ingredients with the mashed banana mixture.
- Slowly combine the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients bowl.
- Make sure to fully combine it very well try to make it as smooth as possible.
- Fill the batter half way into the cupcake liners. Bake for 18 minutes.
- After the cupcakes have cooled top them off with the vanilla frosting and your favorite toppings.
I chose to sprinkle graham crackers and grated chocolate
Steps to make vanilla frosting:
- In a small bowl, beat together sugar butter vanilla, milk and salt until its a fluffy consistency.